Rules and Regulations
- The Libraries will remain open according to timings notified from time to time.
- Silence should be observed in the library.
- Mobiles /iPods /laptops should be kept on silent mode. Sleeping, listening/ watching unrelated material and music etc. while staying at library is strictly prohibited.
- Leave your personal belongings such as handbags, briefcases, etc., outside the library entrance.
- Seats in the library cannot be reserved.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking etc. are not permitted within library premises.
- Library staff can ask anyone causing disturbance or not properly dressed e.g. wearing sleeveless T-shirts, singlet and shorts etc. to leave the library.
- Library Timing
- Monday to Thursday 8:30 am to 05:30 pm
- Circulation Timing 8:45 am to 05:30 pm
- Lunch Break 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm
- Friday Prayer Break 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm
- All (persons) individuals at the International Open University including (faculty/students/staff and administration) are eligible to borrow materials from the library. Borrowing privileges may differ depending on the membership category. The borrowing privileges are as under:
Fine Per Day
- A valid library card is required for borrowing the book(s) and other material.
- If the book return date is on a weekend/holiday, then the material should be returned one day earlier.
- Reference material, CD-ROMs, (original) periodicals, and newspapers will not be issued. They can only be consulted within the library premises.
- Book(s) will be reissued if not required by any other member the next day but cannot be reissued on the same day. Book(s) will have to be presented at the time of reissue.
- Student/Library members must submit any book(s) or other material, when requested by the library staff.
- Do not write, underline, or mark any book(s). Library book(s) are carefully examined on return and the borrower will be held responsible for the damage.
- Any student/library member caught mutilating or stealing library materials will be referred to the Disciplinary Committee and membership will be suspended until a decision is taken. If a student/library member continues this act, his/her membership will be permanently canceled.
- In case of loss or damage, the student/library member will be charged the double price of book(s) or other material.
- Do not change the configuration of computers or any other equipment in the library. The International Online University IT code of conduct must be observed while using IT applications.
- Faculty members will also follow the general rules and can borrow the library books according to their category.
- Faculty members (Regular and Visiting) are required to return the book(s) two weeks prior to the commencement of the final semester.
- The Libraries will receive only one copy of the final project /Thesis of each graduating student sent by the Exam Section.
- Anyone who leaves the institute or University without returning the book(s) borrowed from the library, the price of the books(s) will be adjusted against his dues with the institute or University.